Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Problems Still

I'm getting very frustrated as I have not yet been able to clear the redundant post and when I click on the "edit" button I go to an area that does not list my posts in chronological order, which is what used to happen.
Now I'm deposited somewhere that says NO POSTS FOUND. Although my blog is still there and intact. Something is screwy with the edit button or the edit area and I've yet to get to the bottom of it. I've emailed Blogger support, unfortunately whatever answer they sent is on my home computer and I am currently at work. I'll have to print out their troubleshooting suggestions and bring them with me next time.
As long as we're kind of stuck, I'll stick with the subject of the Incredible String Band. There are a few discs which I could heartily recommend without too much fear of peopl getting pissed off at me. Keep in mind, this site is meant for the musically adventurous (are there any of us left?) and also for those who have an appreciation for melody, composition and experimentation. And I don't really mean crazy experimentation like the Residents or Sun Ra and his Arkestra, so most of you should feel safe with these picks.
Oh yes, and you must enjoy music from the 60's 70's and 80's. But not the run of the mill stuff, mind you.
Okay, more ISB recommendations. There is their final studio disc Hard Rope and Silken Twine, one side of which is a single composition (all by Mike Heron, I believe) which in and of itself covers a fairly large gamut of musical... I'll say influences rather than styles. Ostensibly it tells the story of a merchant seaman who loses his love to a more affluent suitor in ancient Greece circa 400 B.C. give or take a century or two. It opens with Robin Williamson working out a nice figure on the Oud, a lute like instrument indigenous to North Africa. Sounds a bit like a bass mandolin or a mandola to more exact. Then, in come the flutes and pan pipes and were off to the chariot races.
Side two consists of 5 songs, one excellent ballad entitled Glancing Love penned by the late comer (at least as a song writer, he'd been with the troupe as a Dancer for some years) Malcolm LeMaistre. Shucks! Just when it get interesting I have to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home